For several years, Pinterest has become very popular. This platform has a good reputation especially among women. Like other social networks, this medium provides an opportunity to generate income. How to benefit from this site?
How Reach is Pinterest?
This platform should be taken very seriously. You’ll notice this thanks to the following stats:
- Pinterest attracted more than 20% of American adults between 2012 and 2013.
- This is a very high rate as it gain more users than Twitter and Instagram.
- In the US in 2019, this platform had over 88 million monthly active users.
- Over 80% of Pinterest’s audience is made up of women.
- Compared to other social networks, Pinterest has managed to attract more internet users.
- A Pinterest proposal will generate an average order of $ 80.54. That’s $ 76.26 on Facebook, which puts it in second place.
- 70% of the suggestions on Pinterest come from users.
- Pinterest is a great way to create a viral phenomenon. In fact, more than 80% of the photos posted there have been shared.
- Pinterest managed to become the third largest social network in the United States in 2019.
- Make Money With Pinterest: Get Started With The Sign Up Stage
Using your Facebook account
If you don’t have a Pinterest account yet, you must register first. You will be able to use your Facebook account during registration. You also have the possibility to create an interaction between your two social media accounts. Thanks to this system, it will be easier to follow your Facebook friends on Pinterest.
Traffic on Facebook
In this case, it will be necessary to go through several stages, in particular:
- If you call the platform
- Enter the email address and choose a password
- Fill out the information on his profile (age, gender, etc.).
- Choose the language to be used on the platform
- Allow the platform to access its site.
After this step, you will need to choose at least 5 themes that you find interesting. These are the elements that will make up your paintings. The images displayed are determined by the themes you choose. Your homepage will be filled with pictures, images, and charts. This is extremely rare because you will be greeted with messages on other social networks.
After registering, you will have the tools to allow you to grow your infamous after that, you will have the basics to start making revenue with Pinterest.
What is the behavior of users on Pinterest?
On this platform, internet users have different mindsets. It is divided into 4 categories:
- Just watching people
- People are open to buying suggestions
- People who polish their options
- People who know exactly what they want.
Pinterest user behavior develops in 4 basic steps:
- It tracks and explores.
- Manages to be an inspiration;
- He becomes aware of what he is looking for and gradually improves his choice;
- He decides and buys.
When sharing content, the internet user can choose between two types of thinking. He can choose between adopting an emotional or logical behavior. According to Psychology Today’s Nir Eyal, netizens on Pinterest only talk about their feelings when sharing or posting. In this context, thought has no specific place.
What do you do to create interactions on Pinterest?
Pinterest is searching over 2 billion people every month. 600 million of these searches are visible. Over time, Pinterest has not only remained a social network, it has also become a search engine.
Here are some tips to help you generate more engagement for your account:
- Use some of the dominant colors. Pictures with multiple prevailing colors are shared 3 times more than images with a dominant color.
- Avoid faces as much as possible. According to statistics, anonymous brands get 23% more than those with a face.
- Bet on a light background. It turns out that photos with a background of less than 30% get more shares.
- At the expense of blue, choose red, orange and brown.
- Restrict light, color, and saturation. Images with 50% saturation are split more than images with 100% saturation.
- Post videos to your account. The number of videos featured on Pinterest increased 6 times in 2018 and 2019. Video merging is a real advantage.
According to Dan Zarella’s research on more than 11,000 photos posted on Pinterest, the most shared photos are up to 1,200px. Internet users have a soft spot for larger images that are oriented in the portrait orientation.
Make money on Pinterest through a niche
Before making money on your Pinterest account, find a niche that allows you to showcase specific products. If you are entering a competitive niche, you need to make sure that you stand out from your competitors.
If you are looking for a niche on this platform, here are some interesting approaches. Among the women, 3/4 of the viewers on Pinterest are primarily interested in:
- Do it yourself
- For decoration
- All about children.
When it comes to men, they tend to be more in the field:
- Self development.
The topics that bring these two types together are food and cooking.