If you follow a diet that excludes gluten-free foods, you should know that there are many delicious dishes and snacks that can satisfy your hunger.
Below is a list of gluten-free recipe suggestions for breakfast, lunch, dinner and lunch served in town.
• oatmeal with cinnamon, dried fruits and nuts
• gluten-free bread or muffin with peanut butter and some fresh berries
• 2-egg omelette, mushrooms, bell peppers and sauteed onions and low-fat cheese
• gluten-free yogurt smoothie, low-fat milk and fresh or frozen fruit
• gluten-free cereals with milk and a fruit
• tuna salad with light mayonnaise, celery and chopped carrot, served in lettuce leaves
• lettuce with sun-dried tomatoes, Provolone cheese, red onions, pieces of turkey meat and dressing in olive oil and red wine vinegar
• quesadilla with chicken, cheese and beans
• Perfect yogurt
• salad with quinoa, avocado, tomatoes, beans and coriander leaves, sprinkled with lemon juice, salsa sauce and olive oil
• rice noodles with sauteed vegetables and tofu
• grilled salmon with a garnish of wild rice and vegetable salad
• baked chicken breast with corn, broccoli, seasoned with pepper and lemon juice
• corn tortilla with beef, beans, tomatoes, lettuce and cheese
• vegetable chilli with chicken
• grilled shrimp, bell pepper and onion with bean and corn salad
• spinach salad with tomatoes, carrots, cheddar cheese, beans and grilled chicken, with olive oil dressing and balsamic vinegar
• fresh fruits – pears, apples, bananas, nectarines, clementines, grapefruit
• slices of apples or bananas smeared with peanut butter or almonds
• fresh vegetables – tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, celery – with yogurt or bean sauce
• steamed seasonal vegetables
• olive paste on gluten-free biscuits or rice slices
• or boiled hard
• dried fruits and hazelnut mix
• gluten-free pretzels with hummus
• gluten-free cereals with milk
Meals in the city
It is very likely that you will encounter difficulties if you want to dine in the city because there are not many restaurants that offer menus that exclude gluten from certain dishes. For this reason, carefully consult the ingredients on the menu and ask the staff if there is a possibility that a certain preparation does not contain gluten. It is advisable to take a small snack with you from the list above, to ensure that your body benefits from an optimal amount of carbohydrates.
Foods and products that contain gluten
Gluten is found in wheat, rye, barley and any other food based on such grains. To know exactly what to avoid, we have prepared a list of gluten-containing foods and products below:
– White flour;
– Whole wheat flour;
– Hard wheat flour;
– Faina graham;
– Faina kamut;
– Semolina flour (gray);
– Spelled wheat flour;
– Wheat germ;
– Wheat bran.
Foods based on the above ingredients, so that contain gluten:
– Pastry products;
– Gravy sauce prepared with flour;
Even if the list seems long, you should know that there are many gluten-free foods such as fresh fruits, vegetables, beans, dairy products, nuts, quinoa or rice. Also, you can find in stores many foods that are prepared without gluten, just read the label.
Foods you wouldn’t expect to find gluten in: cubes for soup, breadcrumbs, croutons, candy, fried foods, canned meat, sausages, salad dressings, malt, soy sauce, etc. Manufacturers are required by law to specify whether the food may contain gluten.
• Keep in mind that if a product is promoted as “wheat-free”, it does not mean that it does not contain gluten; Many foods are prepared with other grains such as rye or barley.
• Oats in their unprocessed form do not contain gluten, so they can be eaten safely if you suffer from intolerance; however, most cereals can be contaminated during the harvesting and processing process; so read the label and make sure the product is gluten free; request additional information directly from the manufacturer if you are not sure that you can safely consume the product.